I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another March Birthday Card for the Birthday Card Club

Good Morning Everyone,

Today I'd like to share another card I made for the Birthday Card Club I'm a part of.  It has been so much fun trying to come up with different ideas using colors or things that interest people that you don't even know.  I hope the recipients of all my cards are enjoying them as much as I'm enjoying making them.  I'm also trying to use items that I already have.  I have a tendency to hoard pretty paper and embellishments, so I thought for these special ladies, it was time to start using some of those things I've been holding on to.  If the card today looks familiar, it is because I used the same paper on the baby shower card I posted a few days ago.  The person this card was going to said they liked blue and green, so I thought this paper was perfect.

Here's my card:


The card is a 5"x7" card with a base of Georgia Pacific white card stock.  Then there is alayer of Recollections light blue cardstock and the patterned paper is DCWV.  The brown paper I cut the cake from has faint circles on it which I thought looked a little like icing swirls.  The circles have a little touch of glitter on them in blue and green.  It is also from DCWV.  The cake and the pedestal it is sitting on were both cut from the Cricut cartridge Sweet Treats.  The sheer ribbon is from a company called Morex.  The brads are from Doodlebug and the pearls and flowers are from Recollections.  The white shape at the top was cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge and I used  coordinating CTMH stamps and ink for the Happy Birthday.

For the inside of the card

I layered a light blue mat and a white mat and stamped my sentiment.  The sentiment is a Fiskars stamp and once again I used CTMH ink.

That's my card for today.  Let me know what you think. 

Hugs,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment