I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Birthday Card for the Birthday Card Club

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice weekend.  Today I want to share a card I made for a Birthday Card Club card exchange.  My sweet friend Lori, Craftinblind on YouTube, is running this club and it has been a lot of fun making the cards. I'm so glad I decided to participate.  Thank you Lori!

For my card today was a bit of a challenge for me.  We each had to tell the other participants some of the things we like, favorite colors etc.  The person I made this card for said she liked red and yellow.  I didn't think that was going to be an easy color combination to pull off.  After several failed attempts to make a card with those two colors, I finally came up with a design I thought looked good.  I hope she'll think so too.


This card measures 5"x7". For my card base and the white banner layers I used Georgia Pacific white cardstock.  For the yellow layer and the yellow banner layers
I used Colorbok cardstock.  The red and yellow patterned paper is from Graphic 45.  I cut the banner shapes using Sizzix Framelits Banner dies.  The yellow dots on the corners of the banners are Stampin' Up Candy Dots.  The Bakers Twine and Chalk Board Tag are from the Dollar Bins at Target.  The flower and red brad were things I had in my stash.  The chalk board tag was stamped using Close to My Heart White Ink and a Close to My Heart Stamp.  I didn't take a picture of the inside of my card and I had written it out by the time I realized it.  Inside I just repeated the layers the same way I did on the front of the card, plus I added a white mat to write my sentiment on. 

Well that's my card for today.  I hope the recipient likes it.  Let me know what you think.

Hugs,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment