I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

More Birthday Cards!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

Today I'd like to share another birthday card I made for someone with an April birthday.  This card was a difficult one.  I started off making a shaped card.  I used my Gypsy and the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I duplicated the image, flipped one, and welded it together and it looked great.  I scored and folded it, and it just didn't line up properly.  Arghh!  Then I added a decorative layer to the top thinking that might mask the slight imperfection -- nope!  I tried inking the edges because sometimes that helps things blend better -- nope!  So I gave up.  I cut the card apart, kept the top with the decorative layer and used it on a 5"X7" card base.  Here's what the finished card looked like.


The base of the card as well as the decorative layer on the butterfly is Bazzill card stock, then there's a white layer of Georgia Pacific card stock.  The patterned paper is by Paper Pizzazz.  I just loved the blue and purple sponged effect.  The flowers, the purple enamel dot and all the small pearls are by Recollections.  The large pearls are Queen and Company.  The ribbon is Celebrate It brand from Michaels.

Here's the inside of the card
For the inside I just layered another piece of white card stock and used a Close to My Heart stamp and ink for my sentiment.

That's my card for today.  I hope you like it and that you'll stop by again to see what else I'm up to.

Hugs,
Paula
 

No comments:

Post a Comment