I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Country Girl

Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I'm so happy the weather here in NY is finally starting to show signs that we might actually get Spring! 

My card today is another card I made for the Birthday Card Club.  When I joined the Club we each had to give a list of things we like or didn't like and some colors we were fond of.  The intended recipient of this card said she's a country girl and listed several colors she likes. So with those things as my jumping off point, here is the card I created.

This is a 6"x6" card.  I started off with a brown Recollections card stock base and added a white Georgia Pacific card stock layer.  The patterned paper, also by Recollections, reminded me of chicken wire.  That says country to me so I ran with it! Using my Cricut Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge, I cut a white border that looked, to me, like eggs lined up next to each other - chicken wire, eggs, see where I'm going here???  LOL! Then I added some burlap trim and another layer of brown trim.  I found the package of trim at Michaels in the $1.50 bins.  What a great find.  Next I added some Little Yellow Bicycle brand Burlap Stickers.  I thought these were so cute and fit in with my country theme.   Using my Big Shot and a Spellbinders Beaded Ovals die I cut the shape to put my sentiment on.  The sentiment stamp I used is by Fiskars and the brown ink is from Close to My Heart.  Inside I layered more of the white card stock and then the patterned paper.  The final layer was another piece of white with my birthday message on it.

I hope you like my country themed card and I hope the recipient will like it too!

Hugs,
Paula  

No comments:

Post a Comment