I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Get Well Card

Good Morning!

I hope everyone enjoyed the Memorial Day weekend.  The weather on Long Island was just perfect.

Today I have a quick card to share.  It's a Get Well card I made for a woman I work for.  She had to have a surgical procedure and she's going to be out of the office for a while.  I wanted to send her a quick card to let her know I've got her in my thoughts and that I'm hoping she'll be back to work soon. 


I started out with a white card stock base cut at 4 1/4" x 6 1/4".  I then added a dark purple layer cut from Recollections card stock at 4 1/8" x 6 1/8".  My embossed layer uses the same GP white card stock embossed using the Sizzix Lacy Brocade embossing folder and cut at 4" x 6".  I cut the ovals out using the largest two ovals from my Nestabilities ovals dies. The card front and the purple layer were cut with the smaller of the two ovals.  The white embossed layer was cut with the largest oval.  I embellished the card with two Recollections purple flowers and a piece of white ribbon from my stash.  I stamped the sentiment with Close to My Heart ink and a stamp from the Dollar Bins at Michaels.  This was the first time I had made a card with a "window" that lets the sentiment show through.  I'm definitely going to try to make more of these.  

I hope you liked my card and that you'll stop by again to see what I'm up to.

Hugs,
Paula

2 comments:

  1. I love your card Paula........the embossing is so pretty! Very elegant card, I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tracey! I had fun putting it together.

    ReplyDelete