I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Monday!

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I know I did.  Beside the fact that the weather was a little bit cooler, I got to spend a good bit of time in my craft room!

I work with a woman who has a daughter that goes away to camp each year.  The woman tries sends her daughter a card every day.  Each year for the past three years she has asked me to design the cards.  I usually make her 10 - 12 cards.  I got a good start on making the cards this weekend.  Today I'd like to show you the first card I made.  It was inspired by a card I saw Mary make on www.cardztv.blogspot.com.  Mary makes some really great cards.  Her blog is one of the first ones I started following and I still do.  If you get a chance you should visit her blog and see her work and check out her amazing stamp sets.  You won't be disappointed.

So here's my version of one of Mary's cards.

I started with a white cardstock base cut at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  The green layer was cut at 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 then another white mat cut at 4 x 5 1/4.  I embossed the top of the white mat with my Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder.  Then I started layering patterned papers.  The yellow and polka dot strips were cut at 4 x 1 and the green dotted piece was cut at 2 x 4.  I then cut a shaped mat in white and the shadow in green using my Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge.  The flower was cut using my Gypsy and the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.  I put a rhinestone in the middle of the flower it's from Michaels.  I cut a white rectangle and a green slightly larger rectangle to put my sentiment on.  My sentiment was stamped using a Close to My Heart stamp and their Olive ink. 
Well that's it for today.  I hope to be posting some of the other cards I made soon.  I hope you'll come back and take a look. 

Hugs,
Paula

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE this card! That flower is so pretty, and I love the Devine Swirls embossing too! The color scheme is great!
    Mary's blog is one of the first blogs I followed too!! She is one of the ladies who inspired me to create my own blog! I loved her "coffee and cards" video that she used to do!
    Thanks for sharing your card, Paula! I can't wait to see the rest!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete