I hope this space provides inspiration and enjoyment. If you see something you like, let me know. I'd love to hear from you. I also take orders for customized cards, scrapbook page layouts, invitations, and favors.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Craft Room Makeover

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. 

Today I'd like to share some pictures of my craft room makeover.  Please bear in mind that the room is really small so it was hard to get good pictures.  I had to get into some pretty awkward positions to take some of these shots with my cell phone. 

This is what you see when you walk into the room -- my book case straight ahead.

And my desk to the right.  I'm so loving the sections for paper storage.  I have assorted patterned papers in the slots and my 8 1/2 X 11 and smaller paper pads on the bottom.



Here is the rest of the desk and my chair. 

The desk has tons of storage.  I keep my laptop in the center drawer.  My adhesives on the top right, ink pads and markers on the bottom right.  To the left on the top shelf I have my longer Sizzix dies and the box with the Eiffel tower holds all my wood mounted stamps.  Also on that shelf is my Art Bin container holding all my Nestabilities.  The drawer on the bottom has a pull out shelf which holds all my decorative paper bags and I usually keep a roll of paper towel in there.  On the very bottom in the actual drawer, I have some punches and a hot glue gun. To the left of the desk is my TV and some more storage.

Continuing to the left more shelves and storage.  On these shelves I have my Cricut cartridges, ribbon storage boxes, Gypsy, Crop-a-Dile, Corner Chompers, Smash Book, and other assorted items.  Down below is a rolling cart and on top of the cart I have my acrylic stamps, Big Shot, a container with some special paper collections and some miscellaneous stuff.
Continuing around the room I have a small Futon.  It is the kind that the arm rests fold down to make it a twin size bed.  This picture doesn't show it, but I put a dust ruffle on the frame of the futon and used the space underneath for storage.  The banner that is hanging on the wall was the inspiration for the color scheme in the room.  I fell in love with the shade of pink on one of the flowers I used on the banner.  I took the flower to Home Depot and matched the paint color. 
Well that's the end of the room tour.  This room makes me happy and I look forward to spending many hours crafting away!  Thanks for coming by.

Hugs,
Paula

3 comments:

  1. Hey Paula, thanks for the tour! Love your craft room.....the walls are such a pretty colour and I love the floor. Lots of great storage and furniture in a small space.( Its didn't look that small) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Tracey. The room was hard to photograph because it really is small. It's 10'8" long by 8'4" wide, but it's not a true rectangle because a closet was added somewhere in the room's history and it projects into the room taking up much needed space. And you can't tell, but there is only about 3 feet of floor space between the desk and the futon, but I make it work.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Your craft room looks great, Paula!!! I'm so jealous of your tile!!! I have always liked that black & white look! And you did that by yourself!!??!! WOW!!!! It all looks amazing! I can't wait to get mine finished, it's taking way too long! Where did you find your ribbon storage? I love how it looks!! I bought a few of those Ribbon Ladders from Joanns, and I don't like them too much! Haha.
    Your room looks great! I know you will spend time making BEAUTIFUL projects in there!
    Hugs!!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete